Cruise Ship Excursion Tour Injuries
Cruise ships are an extremely popular means of tourism. Every day, the various ports of the Virgin Islands receive over a dozen cruise ships filled with thousands of tourists. Most cruises set sail without any injuries. However, accidents can and do occur. From tripping and falling to excursions gone wrong, injuries to tourists can happen in many different ways. These accidents may cause permanent damage, and result in an array of expensive medical care.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury during a cruise ship excursion in St. Thomas, St. John, St. Croix, or Water Island, you may be eligible for compensation. The attorneys at ChancoSchiffer Law, LLC can help you build a case and make a legal claim for your damages. Call us today at (340) 201-4667 for your free case evaluation.
Why Choose Us?
- Our lawyers have years of experience in all types of personal injury claims and can cater to needs of the injured.
- Our law firm offers complete support to clients. You will only pay attorney’s fees if the firm wins your case. This alleviates financial burdens from the families of the injured.
- Our firm believes in quality over quantity. We keep our caseloads to a minimum, so that every case is top priority.
- Our lawyers have a proven record of success in personal injury, including cruise ship and shore excursion accidents.
Various Causes of Cruise Ship Injuries
Cruise ships are sea vehicles that carry thousands of passengers. If the cruise company or its employees do not observe proper care and the utmost vigilance, accidents can happen. These accidents can be due to a number of causes.
- Poor maintenance of the vessel. This can result in various complications, including unsafe premises, rotten food, unsanitary water, and cruise ship breakdowns. Food poisoning accidents, swimming pool accidents, and elevator accidents are some examples of potential incidents.
- Poor security and management on the cruise ship. Passengers on the cruise ship may encounter unforeseen problems, such as criminal activity. Negligence of the working staff can also result in various types of injuries.
- Poorly managed cruise-ship activities. Activities on and off the boat should not come with significant health or safety risks under proper care. Accidents can include slip and falls, where a person slips or trips because of unforeseen objects or dangerous surfaces.
Excursion tours in the Virgin Islands should come with the reasonable expectation of participant safety. The tour company and its employees should do their best to prevent injuries, including ensuring the safety of any equipment used. Failure to do so, resulting in injury, is negligence.
When pursuing damages from a cruise or excursion company after a personal injury, the plaintiff’s attorney must prove liability. Cruise ship companies will try to avoid liability and do their best not to be held accountable. Most cruise companies have a limited time in which a person can make a claim. Therefore, the injured party or the injured person’s family should make a claim as early as possible. Additionally, the plaintiff should file the claim in the place where the injury occurred. Thus, anyone who has suffered an excursion or cruise ship injury in the Virgin Islands should contact our firm at (340) 201-4667 to file their claims right away.
When to Seek Legal Advice
As mentioned above, cruise ship companies do all they can to avoid liability and get out of the claim without paying. Legal advice is necessary for people who have suffered from cruise ship injuries, since it is extremely difficult for the average person to handle legal proceedings successfully. Furthermore, if the case goes to court, a lawyer is better equipped to handle the situation compared to the average person.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
If you suffered an injury during a cruise ship excursion and you wish to make a claim, contact our lawyers at ChancoSchiffer Law, LLC for legal counsel. Schedule a free consultation today at (340) 201-4667 .
Trial Lawyers College
All three attorneys are graduates from the Trial Lawyers College.
We will never stop working until we get the best possible outcome for our clients.
Our firm takes on a small caseload to ensure that your case receives the attention that it deserves.
Over $10 Million recovered for our personal injury clients. Our Attorneys are known for setting records in hard cases.
Our firm offers free consultations. It is important to us that we have the opportunity to get to know our clients in order to obtain the best result.
At ChancoSchiffer Law, LLC, our attorneys have over four decades of combined legal experience.