Atlanta Lyft & Uber Accident Lawyer
Atlanta Lyft/Uber Accident Lawyer
Rideshare companies, such as Lyft and Uber, have quickly become a staple in the state of Georgia. These services provide a convenient, accessible alternative to taxis and other methods of public transportation. However, accidents can happen, resulting in serious damages and injuries. When this occurs, who is responsible for your personal injuries, and who can you pursue for compensation?
If you or a loved one has been injured in a ridesharing accident, contact the attorneys of ChancoSchiffer Law, LLC to discuss your case.
- We maintain a smaller case load so that we can take a personalized approach to each case, ensuring that you receive undivided attention from our attorneys through the claims process.
- We are not intimidated by large companies, and we will not hesitate to take your case to trial if it leads to a fair compensation on your behalf.
- We have recovered over $10 million since 2013, including setting a state record for victory.
Atlanta Rideshare Rules and Regulations in
In 2015, the state of Georgia passed two state bills that officially regulate ridesharing companies such as Uber and Lyft. House Bills 190 and 225 require ridesharing companies to uphold the following regulations:
- Drivers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Drivers must be covered by state-mandated liability insurance.
- Drivers must complete a comprehensive driver history report.
- Companies must conduct their own independent background checks that may be subject to a state audit.
In order to meet insurance requirements, Uber and Lyft both offer liability insurance to their drivers when they are on the clock. This includes:
- When the driver’s app is on and they are waiting for passengers.
- When they select a passenger and are driving on the way to their location.
- From the moment they pick up the passenger, to the moment the passenger exits their vehicle.
Who is At Fault in a Rideshare Accident?
When determining liability, a ridesharing accident generally shares much of the same traits as a standard car accident. Georgia follows the rule of comparative negligence, in which parties can share blame in an accident and effectively adjust your compensation accordingly. For example, if you were found to be 15% at fault in an accident, your damages would be reduced by 15%. If an Atlanta accident involved a motorcyclist, and a Lyft/Uber driver was found to be at fault, you may be able to seek compensation from the organization’s insurance depending who was in the vehicle at the time of the accident.
Why Do You Need a Lawyer for a Rideshare Accident in Atlanta, GA?
Negotiating the percentage of fault in an accident can be an intricate process that requires the skills and knowledge of an experienced Atlanta car accident attorney. However, this process may be further complicated by the involvement of a ridesharing company.
Typically, companies such as Uber and Lyft do not share any fault in a ridesharing accident. The drivers in each company operate as independent contractors, and thus the companies claim they are not liable for their drivers’ actions. However, despite these claims, Uber and Lyft do provide liability coverage for their drivers when they are on the clock – a benefit that typically applies to full-time employees.
The car accident attorneys at ChancoSchiffer Law, LLC can sort through these complex liability issues and accurately pursue compensation from the responsible parties.
Contact Our Atlanta Lyft/Uber Lawyer Today
If you were seriously injured in a ridesharing accident in Georgia, contact the Atlanta personal injury attorneys at ChancoSchiffer Law, LLC. Our compassionate lawyers can help you determine who is at fault for the accident, negotiating with the responsible parties on your behalf for the maximum possible compensation.
Schedule a free consultation today and explore your legal options for recovery.
Trial Lawyers College
All three attorneys are graduates from the Trial Lawyers College.
We will never stop working until we get the best possible outcome for our clients.
Our firm takes on a small caseload to ensure that your case receives the attention that it deserves.
Over $10 Million recovered for our personal injury clients. Our Attorneys are known for setting records in hard cases.
Our firm offers free consultations. It is important to us that we have the opportunity to get to know our clients in order to obtain the best result.
At ChancoSchiffer Law, LLC, our attorneys have over four decades of combined legal experience.